Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Events
The Trust annually holds an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Week in May.
Each year a theme is chosen by the Equality Committee and the EDI Team and staff Networks work together to put in place an interactive week for both staff and service users.
The week usually has a range of learning workshops and information sharing activities including presentations.
Equality Week 2016
The theme was Making Change Happen.
The workshops that took place in 2016 were:
- Gender Identity & Sexual Orientation Awareness sessions working with LGBT Foundation
Equality Week 2017
The theme was diverse, inclusive, together.
The workshops that took place in 2017 were:
- Deaf Awareness/Basic Signing
- Disability Confident
- Human Library
- Transgender & Sexual Orientation Awareness sessions
EDI Staff Awards are also held during the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Week
In 2017 we hosted the second annual awards:
- Equality & Inclusion Champion Award – Barbara Rossington, Team Lead Paediatric speech and Language Therapy
- Rising Star – Vanessa Bryan
- Best Practice – AIS Project Team from Fairfield’s Outpatients department