How We Make Decisions
To guide the Trust through it's decision making processes there is a Trust Board, made up of Executive and non-Executive Directors.
Executive Directors are employees of the Trust, implementing the decisions that are made on the direction of the Trust, its staff and services. The non-Executive Directors share responsibility for the success of the Trust and providing high levels of expertise when strategic decisions need to be reached.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- Provide leadership to the Trust
- Set the values and strategic direction of the Trust
- Agree the Trust’s financial and strategic objectives
- Oversee the implementation of the Trust’s strategic objectives
- Monitor the performance of the Trust and ensure that the Executive Directors manage the Trust within the resources available.
Major service changes and changes to departmental policy or structure may go through a process of consultation with staff and, in some cases, patients and the wider public. In some cases, the direction of the Trust is dictated by national policy as directed by the Department of Health.