Consultant Outcomes Publication
The consultant outcome data is published on NHS Choices and HQIP websites. The data lets you see the results of consultants’ practice for a range of specialties - medical treatments and surgical procedures.
The data shows how many times a consultant has performed a particular procedure and, in many instances, includes other quality measures such as length of hospital stay, re-admission rate, complication rate, adverse events and mortality rates.
Publication of the data means consultants' performance can be compared openly for a given specialty to help spread best practice and identify any issues that need investigating.
Links to data by specialty:
- Adult cardiac surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Endocrine and thyroid surgery
- Head and neck cancer surgery
- Interventional cardiology
- Lung cancer
- Neurosurgery (coming soon)
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Upper Gastro-intestinal surgery (Currently available via Association of Upper Gastro-intestinal Surgeons)
- Urogynaecology (coming soon)
- Urological surgery
- Vascular surgery