Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre
Who we are
The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service based at North Manchester General Hospital provides a welcoming and confidential drop in service for anyone affected by cancer. Whether you are a patient, family member, friend or carer we’re here for you at any stage of your experience with cancer and can provide access to:-
- Easy to understand information on specific cancers, cancer services and treatments
- Provide free parking permits for patients with a cancer diagnosis (subject to terms & conditions)
- Benefits advice / referral onto specialist benefits advisors
- Links to cancer teams when needed
- Services providing help with employment issues
- Travel Insurance
- Local and national support groups
- Cancer Screening and awareness information
- Emotional Support
- Carers support
- Support with life after cancer
- Health & wellbeing information
Where we are
The centre is located between C & D blocks, towards the Gallery Restaurant at North Manchester General Hospital.
Department contact details
The centre can be contacted on 0161 604 5244 or via email email@example.com and is normally open between 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday (except Bank and Public Holidays). Please ring before making a special journey.
If you are an in-patient and can’t get to the centre, a member of our team can visit you on the ward at your request
How we can help
Our team of Macmillan Information & Support Specialists and trained volunteers can provide information and support or refer on to other services as necessary.
All information resources and support services are available free of charge.
We also have cancer information in large print and different languages.
We have a wide range of audio CD’s available which are based on the Macmillan Cancer Booklets