Oldham Community Paediatric Team
The service provides assessment and diagnosis for children up to the age of 18 years, who experience difficulties in their development. It also helps and supports the co-ordination of services involved with children and young people.
- Assessment and care management for children and young people who may have neurodevelopmental disorders and complex health needs, for example autism/ADHD/dyspraxia/epilepsy/cerebral palsy and global developmental delay
- Multi-agency assessments for children and young people who may have undiagnosed learning difficulties and may require ongoing support
- Medical information for children undergoing Education Health and Care (EHC) plan assessments
- Statutory health assessments for Looked After Children and those who are about to be adopted or fostered
The service is made up of consultant paediatricians and speciality doctors, speciality nursing staff, service coordinators, specialist outreach nursery nurses and admin staff.
Referral to the service
Your child can be referred by:
- School nurse
- Health visitor
- Other health professionals working with your child
- The local authority for EHC plan supporting information
Your child may be referred because of:
- Social communication difficulties
- Learning difficulties
- Significant concerns regarding development including those children with complex health needs
You and your child may be seen by any of the above professionals or multiple professionals for example a speech and language therapist, occupational therapist or physiotherapist. We may also request additional information about your child from their school or nursery setting.
You can expect to be seen for your first appointment between 16 and 20 weeks after we receive your child’s referral.
Children with complex health needs
The Community Paediatric Service works closely with the Children’s Community Nursing Team and therapy services that support children and young people with long-term complex health needs and children and young people who require palliative care.
- Werneth Primary Care Centre
Featherstall Road South
- Tel: 0161 484 1252
Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm
- Health professional
- Social care professional