Coronavirus Volunteer Responder Roles
Please note: We are only recruiting volunteers who are between the age of 18 and 65 years old and who have no underlying health conditions.
We are looking for individuals who can support us with an ever changing landscape in response to the Coronavirus Emergency Plan work within volunteering. There are a number of current volunteer roles that we have prioritised to support our staff but these may change on a daily basis as we respond to the needs of emergency plans as they develop.
Please contact a member of the volunteer team to discuss how you can volunteer to assist the NHS in these challenging times.
Emergency day to day volunteers
Working directly with the volunteering team, these roles will be responding to day to day requests, as they emerge from each site, in response to their emergency planning. Duties will be agreed and guided by the volunteering senior management team.
For example they may include;
- Reception, wayfinding and directing patients/visitors
- Hand wash reminding
- Daily communication cascade (ensure staff have latest communication)
- Assisting with stock checks
- Acting as a runner for key departments e.g. pharmacy
Emergency Planning Driver Volunteers
Working direct with the volunteering team, these roles will be responding to day to day requests, as they emerge from each site, in response to their emergency planning. They will only support patients who are mobile and can get in and out of the vehicle unaided. Driving duties may include;
- Transporting Renal patients to and from dialysis across GM
- Collecting and transporting equipment as needed across sites
- Collect and deliver medications for patients
- Collect and transfer staff
If you are interested in helping – please click on the link below to complete a short survey: