HMR Children's Occupational Therapy
A child's life is made up of occupations (daily activities) these occupations include playing, learning and self-care.
We aim to support children to participate more successfully in daily life.
We work with children and their families to success in these activities and to reach their full potential.
We help a child to minimise the impact of their difficulties and improve their ability to participate in their daily occupations by finding ways to overcome any problems they experience.
We see children and young people aged 0 to 18 years, who are experiencing functional difficulties.
These may be as a result of one or more of the following:
- Physical disabilities
- Complex multiple disabilities
- An operation or accident
- Co-ordination difficulties impacting on their ability to function
- Sensory difficulties impacting on their function and occupational performance
We are part of the Children’s Acute and Ongoing Needs Service (CAONS). Click here to find out more about the CAONS.
Details of how to contact us and access support from us are provided at the above link.
For more information on our services and referral processes, please see the materials below:
- Core stability
- Fine motor co-ordination difficulties pre-referral advice for schools
- Oral motor
- Referral criteria for children requiring occupational therapy
- Sensory processing dysfunction pre-referral advice for schools
- Shoulder stability
- Vestibular activities
Children's Acute and Ongoing Needs Service
Tel: 01706 676777
Fax: 0207 019 7419
Parking Available: Yes
Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5pm
- Self referral
- Health professional
- Social care professional