HMR Children's Integrated Services
This service is made up of lots of different health professionals.
We work across Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale to provide the very best care, support and advice to children, young people, families and carers.
We provide care to children and young people with a short-term health condition, a long-term health condition (such as asthma or diabetes) or who have special education needs or a disability (this is shortened to SEND).
Please click on the links to find out more about the types of support we offer:
- Children's community nurses
- Children’s epilepsy specialist
- Children’s diabetes specialist
- Children's Health Visiting
- Children’s occupational therapy
- Children’s orthoptics
- Children’s palliative/complex care specialist
- Children’s physiotherapy
- Children’s respiratory specialist
- Children’s speech and language therapy
- Community paediatrics
- Children's neuromuscular specialists
- Paediatric nurse practitioners
- School Nursing Service
We work closely with other health and social care colleagues and with community and voluntary partners, such as Family Action.
By all working together in this way we can:
- Offer you the right support, in the right place, by the right person - and we can do this quickly. This will help to keep you healthy and out of hospital
- Make sure you only have to 'tell your story' once - even if there are lots of different professionals who support you. This is because we can quickly, easily and safely share information about your care, where needed and appropriate
- Support you to self-care. This means providing you with information to look after yourself. This does not replace the care that we will provide - it just means you can stay healthy in between appointments. It also helps to make you feel more independent and confident
Working with you
It's really important to us that the care we provide is just right for you and your family - and you are the experts in what is best for you.
We work very closely with young people, parents, carers and others, so that we can make positive changes based on real feedback and experiences.
Where are we based?
Our 'hub' is at Callaghan House in Heywood. However, we provide care and treatment right across Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale.
This includes clinics, health centres, children's centres, special schools and nurseries. We also provide care in your own home, where appropriate.
You may wish to show your child this video which gives a tour of Callaghan House and some of the people or services they will see:
When are we open
You can contact us (number below) Monday to Friday, from 8am to 6pm, and on Saturdays, from 8am to 2pm.
Referrals can be sent by email at any time.
Who can refer?
Anyone who works with a child or young person can refer to us in the following ways:
Telephone: 01706 676777
Fax: 0207 019 7419
Post: Children's Acute and Ongoing Needs Service, Callaghan House, Cross Street, Heywood, OL10 2DY