Welcome to Voluntary Services
We have the following volunteer roles available at the Royal Oldham Hospital and Rochdale Infirmary. Please note we are no longer recruiting for North Manchester General Hospital as this site now belongs to the Manchester Foundation Trust.
- Dining Companions (Rochdale and Oldham)
- Responder (Rochdale Only)
If you are interested in any of the above roles at either SRFT or Fairfield Hospital, Bury please email your interest in the first instance to email@example.com
Volunteering can help you learn new skills and gain experience. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
Do you want to?
- Help patients/visitors/staff/colleagues
- Make a difference
- Gain confidence
- Try something different
- Enjoy great conversation
- Connect with your local hospital
- Get involved
- Contribute to supporting your hospital through challenging times
- Use your experience and skills in a productive way
- Make new friends, keep active and have fun!
Lee and Ruth Volunteering at Fairfield Hospital in Bury said:
“We are 3 months into volunteering here at Fairfield. Every shift we gain a sense of satisfaction and achievement in our role especially in the knowledge that we have the opportunity to change and brighten somebody’s day with the service. We have had great feedback and acknowledgment from the senior team so always feel we are doing a great job. During these uncertain and challenging times we have made many new friends and have developed a great rapport between all the volunteers and our service co-ordinators”.
- Full professional training will be given beforehand
- Sitting with our vulnerable patients, encouraging/assisting them with their feeding
- Completing relevant documentation
- Assisting nursing staff by reducing pressure on the ward, enabling staff to focus more time on patients with complex feeding issues.
The Emergency responder is a very busy and active role and includes:
- escorting patients round the hospital with a smile!
- dealing with enquiries
- communicating information via the phone or face to face
- delivering care packages to wards
- delivering loved ones letters (Sendaletter) to wards
- ensuring the volunteer hub is kept clean and tidy
- collecting PPE or other stock items
- collecting medical equipment
- cleaning wheelchairs
You need to:
- be patient and people focused
- be respectful
- be able to work as a team member
- have an outgoing personality
Criteria to apply
If this sounds like a challenge that you could rise to, you’re aged 16–69 and can spare a minimum of 4 hours a week (Monday to Friday) then we would love to hear from you.
Come and join the Team - we look forward to meeting you.
Voluntary Services Support Manager NCA/Royal Oldham Hospital
Tel: 0161 656 1518
Volunteer Co-ordinator - Bury
Tel: 0161 778 3686
Volunteer Co-ordinator – Rochdale
Tel: 07753 394366