Welcome to Voluntary Services
Volunteering for the Northern Care Alliance
Responder volunteers wanted
Volunteer recruitment is now open! We currently have vacancies for this exciting fast paced responder role at all our hospital sites – Royal Oldham, North Manchester and Rochdale Infirmary.
If you are interested in this role at either Salford Royal or Fairfield Hospital, Bury then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering can help you learn new skills and gain experience. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
Do you want to?
- Help patients/visitors/staff/colleagues
- Make a difference
- Gain confidence
- Try something different
- Enjoy great conversation
- Connect with your local hospital
- Get involved
- Contribute to supporting your hospital through challenging times
- Use your experience and skills in a productive way
- Make new friends, keep active and have fun!
Lee and Ruth Volunteering at Fairfield Hospital in Bury said:
“We are 3 months into volunteering here at Fairfield. Every shift we gain a sense of satisfaction and achievement in our role especially in the knowledge that we have the opportunity to change and brighten somebody’s day with the service. We have had great feedback and acknowledgment from the senior team so always feel we are doing a great job. During these uncertain and challenging times we have made many new friends and have developed a great rapport between all the volunteers and our service co-ordinators”.
The Emergency responder is a very busy and active role and includes:
- escorting patients round the hospital with a smile!
- dealing with enquiries
- communicating information via the phone or face to face
- delivering care packages to wards
- delivering loved ones letters (Sendaletter) to wards
- ensuring the volunteer hub is kept clean and tidy
- collecting PPE or other stock items
- collecting medical equipment
- cleaning wheelchairs
You need to:
- be patient and people focused
- be respectful
- be able to work as a team member
- have a great sense of humour and an outgoing personality
Criteria to apply
If this sounds like a challenge that you could rise to, you’re aged 16–69 and can spare a minimum of 4 hours a week (Monday to Friday) then we would love to hear from you.
To begin the recruitment process, you will need to complete your application form and submit to the appropriate site lead at the hospital you want to volunteer at. Further information regarding sites leads is available on the application form.
Come and join the Team - we look forward to meeting you.