Group Council of Governors
Group Council of Governors
As part of our exciting work with Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust to create a Group, Salford Royal's Council of Governors approved changes to its own composition; and agreed to establish a subcommittee of the Salford Royal Council of Governors, to be known as the shadow 'Group Council of Governors' committee. This Group Council of Governors comprises all Salford Royal Governors and elected shadow Governors from the Pennine constituencies (Oldham, Bury, Rochdale & North Manchester).
The Group's Council of Governors is made up of :
5 x Salford Public Goverors
5 x Bury and Rochdale Public Governors
3 x Oldham Public Governors
2 x North Manchester Public Governors
2 x Out of Area Governors
4 x Salford Staff Governors
2 x Bury and Rochdale Staff Governors
2 x Oldham Staff Governors
2 x North Manchester Staff Governors
Role of the Group Council of Governors
In broad terms the Group Council of Governors is responsible for :
Holding to Account - To hold the Non- Executive Directors accountable for the work of the Committees in Common and the performance of the Group.
Representing - To represent the views of the membership, both staff and public members.
Other roles and responsibilities of the Group Council of Governors are:
- Appointing or removing the Chairman and Non-Executive Directors
- Being involved in the recruitment and appointment of the Group Chief Executive.
- To decide the remunerations and allowances, and the other terms and conditions of office, of the Non-Executive Directors.
- To appoint or remove the Group Auditor
- To be presented with the annual accounts, any report of the financial auditor on them and the annual report.
- In preparing the annual plan, the directors shall have regard to the view of the Group Council of Governors
- All Governors shall, in discharging their roles and responsibilities, act at all times in the best interests of the Group
- Contact the Membership Office if you would like to know more or click here.
Contact Your Governor
The Group Council of Governors are the direct representatives of staff, public and member interest, particularly in relation to the strategic direction of the organisation. We encourage members of the public, patients, service users and carers to liaise with Governors to help improve the way we work and deliver services.
Salford Public Governor
Chris Mullen Dave Pike Gill Collins Jim Collins Mark Duman
Rest of England & Wales Public Governors
Sandra Breen Aaron Davies
Bury & Rochdale Public Governors
Terri Evans Brian Davies John Rodgers Patricia McWilliam-Fowler Nicholas Filer
Oldham Public Governors
David Edwards Mohammed Jahan Paul Attwell
North Manchester Public Governors
Kevin Thomas Syed Abidi
Salford Staff Governors
Agnes Leopold-James Nicola Kent Lynn Jones Lubana Ahmad
Bury & Rochdale Staff Governors Oldham Staff Governors
Mark Mustard Craig Wood Gemma Lievesley Jay Patil
North Manchester Staff Governor
Ezmi Mulhearn Mark Taylor
Cllr Richard Critchley Cllr Wendy Cocks Cllr Julie Reid Cllr Karen Leach
(Salford City Council) (Rochdale Borough Council) (Manchester City Council) (Bury Council)
(University of Salford) (University of Manchester)
There are three easy ways to contact your Governor.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the Governor in the subject field
- Contact the Membership Office on 01706 517302 or 0161 206 3133
- Write to your Governor at :
Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
Dates of Meetings
The Group Council of Governors meet regularly throughout the year, all meetings are open to the public. All meetings of the Group Council of Governors will be followed immediately by a meeting of the Salford Royal Council of Governors where ratification of decision is required.
Meeting dates :-
- 4 December 2019, 2pm-4.30pm, The Palmers Auditorium, Education Centre, Fairfield General Hospital
- 23 March 2020, 2pm-4pm, The Palmers Auditorium, Education Centre, Fairfield General Hospital
If you have an queries regarding the Group Council of Governors meetings please call the Membership Team on 01706 517302 or 0161 206 3133, email email@example.com.
Papers for the Group Council of Governor meetings are available on request.
Governor Elections 2019 - Results
Voting is now closed for the Council of Governor Elections
Click here for the Results report.