Group Council of Governors
Group Council of Governors
As part of our exciting work with Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust to create a Group, Salford Royal's Council of Governors approved changes to its own composition; and agreed to establish a subcommittee of the Salford Royal Council of Governors, to be known as the shadow 'Group Council of Governors' committee. This Group Council of Governors comprises all Salford Royal Governors and elected shadow Governors from the Pennine constituencies (Oldham, and Bury, Rochdale).
The Group's Council of Governors is made up of :
5 x Salford Public Goverors
5 x Bury and Rochdale Public Governors
3 x Oldham Public Governors
2 x Out of Area Governors
4 x Salford Staff Governors
2 x Bury and Rochdale Staff Governors
2 x Oldham Staff Governors
Role of the Group Council of Governors
In broad terms the Group Council of Governors is responsible for :
Holding to Account - To hold the Non- Executive Directors accountable for the work of the Committees in Common and the performance of the Group.
Representing - To represent the views of the membership, both staff and public members.
Other roles and responsibilities of the Group Council of Governors are:
- Appointing or removing the Chairman and Non-Executive Directors
- Being involved in the recruitment and appointment of the Group Chief Executive.
- To decide the remunerations and allowances, and the other terms and conditions of office, of the Non-Executive Directors.
- To appoint or remove the Group Auditor
- To be presented with the annual accounts, any report of the financial auditor on them and the annual report.
- In preparing the annual plan, the directors shall have regard to the view of the Group Council of Governors
- All Governors shall, in discharging their roles and responsibilities, act at all times in the best interests of the Group
- Contact the Membership Office if you would like to know more or click here.
Contact Your Governor
The Group Council of Governors are the direct representatives of staff, public and member interest, particularly in relation to the strategic direction of the organisation. We encourage members of the public, patients, service users and carers to liaise with Governors to help improve the way we work and deliver services.
Salford Public Governors
|Chris Mullen||Ann Gavin-Daley||Gill Collins||Jim Collins||Mark Duman|
Rest of England & Wales Public Governors
|Sandra Breen||Aaron Davies|
Bury & Rochdale Public Governors
|Terri Evans||Marya Rathod||John Rodgers||Patricia McWilliam-Fowler||Nicholas Filer|
Oldham Public Governors
|David Edwards||Mohammed Jahan||Paul Attwell|
Salford Staff Governors
|Lynne Jones||Lubana Ahmad||Tammy Pike||Hilary Richardson|
Bury & Rochdale Staff Governors
|Mark Mustard||Craig Wood|
Oldham Staff Governors
|Gemma Lievesley||Jay Patil|
Cllr Wilson Nkurunziza
(Salford City Council)
Cllr Wendy Cocks
(Rochdale Borough Council)
Cllr Riaz Ahmad
Cllr Kevin Peel
(University of Salford)
(University of Manchester)
There are three easy ways to contact your Governor.
- Email email@example.com with the name of the Governor in the subject field
- Contact the Membership Office on 01706 517302 or 0161 206 3133
- Write to your Governor at :
Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
PLEASE NOTE: Governor Meetings are experiencing disruption due to the outbreak of Covid-19. The health and safety of the public and staff is paramount. To find out if a meeting is cancelled or going ahead - please contact the Membership Office email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01706-517302.
We are not currently holding elections, the next elections will take place in October 2021.
The results for the Governor elections held in October 2020 can be found by clicking here.