Library and Knowledge Service - our COVID measures
Welcome back to the Library and Knowledge Service
All of our library sites are open and available for study space, eLearning, using PCs or printers and borrowing books.
We have libraries at Fairfield, Royal Oldham and Salford Royal - visit our contact pages for our locations and opening times.
We’ve made changes to our spaces and services to help keep each other safe. These changes are in line with Northern Care Alliance policies and have been approved by our Infection Prevention and Control staff.
Before visiting us, please take a moment to read these new measures detailing how we’re keeping our libraries safe and what we expect of our users. You can also watch our short video summarising the key points.
Keeping each other safe - our COVID measures
- Please wear a blue surgical face mask at all times in our libraries. These can be found at all staff entrances to hospital buildings. Please do not bring any other PPE (i.e. surgical caps) into the library. It is fine to wear scrubs in our library areas.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout our libraries. Please sanitise your hands regularly, including:
- When entering the library
- Before and after browsing books
- Before entering our PC rooms, training suites and quiet areas
- We have rearranged our PCs and study spaces to maintain 2m social distancing. Please do not move any furniture and respect the safety of others by staying 2m apart at all times. Our library spaces are marked with the maximum number of people allowed in at any one time – please do not enter an area if it is at capacity.
- We are cleaning all of our tables, door handles, PCs and other high-touch areas each morning. We have set up cleaning stations with hand sanitiser, gloves and disinfectant wipes. Please clean your workstation before and after you use it. Place any materials you’ve used in the orange clinical waste bins provided.
- Food is no longer permitted in any library areas. Drinks are allowed in a
secure lidded container.
- We have placed protective screens at our enquiry desks and some of our study spaces to protect library staff and users.
- We are quarantining any books that have been read or used for 7 days before putting them back on the shelf. If you browse a book but don’t borrow it, please put the book on a library trolley so we can safely quarantine it. This means that it will take longer for us to return your books on our system.
- 24/7 access is available for those eligible at our Fairfield, Oldham and Salford sites – please follow these measures at all times, including during out of hours access. Please visit your site library for more information.
- At our Salford site we have introduced a PC/study space booking system to ensure fair access to our spaces. Booking is not essential, but you can reserve a space for up to 3 hours up to 2 weeks in advance. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Salford helpdesk.
If you have any questions about any of the measures above or would like to know more about a specific site, please contact us.
We're looking forward to seeing you in the library soon!