Finding books and journals through the Library catalogue
You can now search for books, e-books and e-journals through our Library catalogue.
To search the catalogue, click the catalogue icon on the Library homepage.
Click each section for further information:
1. Type in the name of the journal you would like to find and press the magnifying glass or Enter.
2. Choose Journal in the results bar.
3. You will see a list of all the journals containing your search terms
4. Click the link icon in the Item URL box to log in to the journal with your Athens details.
Almost all of our journals are online-only, but we do have a small number of print journals at Salford. If the journal does not have a link icon, click the name of the journal to see if we have the journal on the shelf.
If you are having any issues with a journal or your Athens details, please get in touch at email@example.com.
1. Type in the name or author of the book you would like to find and press the magnifying glass or Enter. If you would like to browse, type in some keywords rather than an exact title.
2. The results will automatically be set to the Book tab. If there is an e-book available there will be a link icon in the Websites box - to access the e-book, click this icon and log in with your Athens details.
3. If you would like to see if we have the book on the shelf, click the book title for more information. The results will show you what library the book is available at. The Shelf Reference tells you exactly where the book is on the shelf.
If you aren't sure how to find a book, please ask at your local library.
If we don't subscribe to the journal you would like to read, we can request individual articles from other libraries - you can request up to 10 articles for free. You can fill in our online request form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are requesting multiple articles.
If the book you want is not at your local NCA site, we can post this across - get in touch at email@example.com. If no libraries have the book you want, you can request it for free from another NHS library - email us with details of the book you are looking for.
If you're having any issues with your OpenAthens login or need an account set up, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.