Allied Health Professionals Good Practice Day 2019
The Northern Care Alliance's first Allied Health Professionals (AHP) Good Practice Day took place on 4th July 2019 at Salford Royal. It was an opportunity for AHPs across the NCA to share the work they've been doing. Staff also heard about the vision of AHPs in Greater Manchester in harnessing our unique skills of our AHPs by tackling issues affecting health and wellbeing.
The event closed with an inspiring presentation from Gillian Rawlinson, AHP Clinical Fellow, Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner and Principal Lecturer at UCLAN.
- Elizabeth Starbuck - Review of tracheostomy ward round in determining barriers to decannulation in brain injuries
- Nicole Vourliotis et al - Inclusion of dietitians in geriatric multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care
- Jennifer Heneghan and Peter Eckersley - Hemiarthroplasty for hip fracture: are post-operative hip precautions necessary?
- Abby Fletcher and Joanna Lyons - Integration of the acute medical therapy and physiotherapy team
- Barbara Rossington - supporting NICU parents in feeding development
- Vicky Kennedy - Exploring the effects of extending working hours for physiotherapists on an elective orthopaedic ward
Information about AHPs
As the third-largest section of the NHS workforce, AHPs make up a diverse range of healthcare professionals. You can find out more about the 14 different AHP roles in healthcare or read NHS England's AHPs Into Action framework looking at how AHPs can transform health and social care.