Administration & Clerical
What type of roles can we offer you within The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust?
The roles of admin and clerical staff within the Trust are varied. These roles provide support to both clinical and corporate departments and are vital to ensure the smooth operation of the whole Trust.
Clinical Administration roles:
- Medical Secretaries (Band 3) – providing a wide range of administrative services such as data entry, dealing with patients and relatives over the telephone, and communication with Consultants and other medical staff
- Medical PAs (Band 4) – providing a PA service to clinicians across all Trust sites, including Consultant diary management and advanced audio typing, as well as mentorship to Band 3 Medical Secretaries
- Supervisors (Band 4) – providing a staff management service
- Other roles such as Ward Clerks, Outpatient Receptionists and Health Records staff also provide crucial support within the Trust.
Roles within Booking and Scheduling:
- Booking Clerks (Band 2) – providing support for handling incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Booking Assistants,Booking Clerks, Referral to Treatment Validators and Cancer Services Trackers (Band3) - providing a wide range of administrative services to support the process of managing waiting lists and booking appointments for patients, as well as supporting the achievement of treatment targets
- Pathway Co-ordinators (Band 4) – providing a waiting list management service, arranging additional sessions and managing targets
- Booking and Scheduling Supervisors (Band 4) – providing supervision and training of all staff within the department.
Health Records roles:
- Health Records Receptionists (Band 2) – undertaking reception and administration duties
- Health Records Clerk (Band 2) – responsible for duties relating to the storage, retrieval, destruction and preparation of casenotes
- Health Records Assistant Supervisor (Band 3) – day to day supervision of designated teams at specific sites
- Health Records Supervisor (Band 4) – providing a comprehensive staff management service.
What training or qualifications do you need to join us?
- Band 4 Medical Secretaries - RSA Level 3, AMSPAR, ECDL, GCSE English Language
- Band 3 Support Secretaries - RSA Level 3.
Booking and Scheduling
- Band 4 Supervisors - NVQ Level 3, GCSE A-C grade
- Band 3 Clerks - NVQ, ECDL, CLAIT, GCSE A-C grade
- Band 2 Clerks - Microsoft Office experience.
- Band 2 roles - educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) to include Maths and English, ECDL, CLAIT, NVQ customer service may be required
- Band 3 Assistant Supervisor - educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) to include Maths and English, ECDL, CLAIT
- Band 4 Supervisor - educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) to include Maths and English, ECDL, CLAIT, HIRIM qualification in Records Management.
What is it like working for The Trust?
“I would say the highlights of my role are as follows:
- I have a great team of supportive people that I work with
- Being able to plan and prioritise my own workload
- Being able to get the specialties that I cover to a ‘live’ tracking status
- Having really good relationships with both clinical and non- clinical staff which makes the communication and problem solving element of my job a lot easier
- Setting challenges throughout the week and trying to achieve them.”
Administration services offer full time working hours and options for part time hours. Flexi time is also available.
The Booking and Scheduling department offers full time working hours and a range of part time hours working on a rota basis, Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm.
What development opportunities do we offer you?
Personal development of all staff is encouraged within the Trust. Apprentices are mentored with the long term aim of them applying for Band 3 posts. Band 3 staff are also encouraged to further their careers by applying for Band 4 posts when they become available.
The Booking and Scheduling Department provides in-house training and development for all staff on a weekly basis.
How do you get to work in this exciting team?
All opportunities are advertised through our website www.pat.nhs.uk/vacancies
For further information or if you have any questions
Please contact the individual departments:
Head of Clinical Administration. . . . . . . . . . . . . . 01706 906689
Head of Booking and Scheduling . . . . . . . . . . . . 01706 906687
Specialty Team Leader. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 01706 906688
Head of Health Records . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .0161 627 8379