Open & Honest Care and Safer Staffing
We are one of a number of NHS organisations who want to be open and honest with our patients. This is how a modern NHS hospital should be - open and accountable to the public and patients and always driving improvements in care. As a member of the 'Open and honest care: driving improvement' programme, we continue to work with patients and staff to provide open and honest care, and through implementing quality improvements, further reduce the harm that patients sometimes experience when they are in our care.
We have made a commitment to publish a set of patient outcomes, patient experience and staff experience measures so that patients and the public can see how we are performing in these areas.
Each month we collaborate with other care providers to share what we have learned and to use this information to identify where changes can be made to improve care.
All reports for The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust for the current calendar year can be downloaded below. Previous years are available using the link in the left hand navigation.
Open & Honest Care Reports - 2016
- Open & Honest Care Report - July 2016
- Open & Honest Care Report - June 2016
- Open & Honest Care Report - May 2016
- Open & Honest Care Report - April 2016
- Open & Honest Care Report - March 2016
- Open & Honest Care Report - February 2016
- Open & Honest Care Report - January 2016
Each month we publish a patient story as part of the 'Open and honest care: driving improvement' programme. The stories detail the experiences from patients and their carers who have received treatment from our staff across a range of our services throughout the Trust. Click to read our Patient Stories.
Guidance issued by NHS England and the Care Quality Commission states that every hospital ward must now publicly display details of planned and actual staffing levels, which forms part of the government’s response to the Francis report. Trusts have also pledged to submit monthly staffing reports to board meetings and these reports will be made available to the public online.
We embrace this open and honest approach and are working hard to ensure that there are robust systems and processes in place to ensure that there is sufficient staffing capacity and capability to provide high quality care to patients on all wards and departments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Safer Staffing Reports - 2017
- Safer Staffing Report - October 2017
- Safer Staffing Report - September 2017
- Safer Staffing Report - August 2017
- Safer Staffing Report - July 2017
- Safer Staffing Report - June 2017
- Safer Staffing Report - May 2017
- Safer Staffing Report - April 2017
- Safer Staffing Report - March 2017
- Safer Staffing Report - February 2017
- Safer Staffing Report - January 2017
Transparency in Care
Hard Truths: The Journey to Putting Patients First
A presentation by Mandie Sunderland, former Chief Nurse at The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.