Learning Disability Service
Hello my name is Ruth Bell I am the Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust's Learning Disability Liaison nurse and I am here to give advice and support to;
- Adults, children and young people with learning disabilities and or autism who are coming into hospital or using our services
- Parents and carers of a patient with learning disabilities and or autism.
- Members of hospital staff who need advice about caring for a patient with learning disabilities and or autism
If you are coming into hospital or are already in hospital you can contact me if you want to talk about any specific needs you may have and ensure that
reasonable adjustments are put into place.
Ruth Bell - Learning Disability Liaison Nurse
Tel: 0161 918 4370 or 07896 903 290
Jennie O'Reilly - MCA/MHA Support Manager
Tel: 0161 720 2458
My Traffic Light Hospital Passport
Here is a link to the Traffic Light Hospital Passport document. You can complete it, if you want to, and bring a copy with you into hospital to give to the doctors and nurses looking after you. It gives them important information about you and helps them make sure that all your needs are met.
Tell us about your hospital stay it will help us make our services better. You can do this by speaking to the Learning Disability Liaison nurse or by filling in one of the forms below and sending it to us.
Click the image below to download the FFT Easy Read form.
Download the 'Have your Say - Your Time in Hospital' form
Local Community Learning Disability Teams for health and social care support & advice
- North Manchester- Crescent Bank (Adults) - 0161 861 2958
- Manchester Children with Disabilities team- 0161 902 3400
- Oldham- (Adults and Children & Young People) - 0161 621 7272
- Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale (Adults) - 01706 676767
- Bury-Adults & Children - 0161 762 3263
- Tameside- 0161 304 5860