Gastroenterology Nurse Specialists
Who is the service for?
Any patient with liver disease.
What does the service provide?
- A quality patient focused service
- Improved medication compliance
- Nurse led clinics
- Advice to patients, families and carers
- Monitoring of blood tests
- Surveillance ultra sound scanning
- Enhanced pt support
- Personalised, individual plan of care
- Continuity of care
- Improved treatment compliance
- Improved quality of life
- Day case abdominal drains
- Telephone advice line
Who will patients meet?
When is the service available?
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 16:00.
Where is the service provided?
Ward G2 at TROH and within NMGH. Rochdale Infirmary can be covered
Outpatient clinics available at TROH;NMGH and RI
Department contact details
Oldham: 0161 656 1538
Blood test is required prior to insertion of abdominal drains in the hospital setting
Please bring a list of all your medications to all appointments /admissions
Dr X NcFarlane - Gastro lead consultant
Dr S Shabbir - Lead liver consultant
Lynne Kendrick - Gastro nurse specialist