Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust Annual Public Meeting – 23 September
The Annual Public Meeting of The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust will be held on Tuesday 23rd September at the Village Hotel in Bury.
Before the formal event at 6.00pm, members of the public will be able to view a variety of exhibition stands which will be manned by Trust staff, and which will showcase a wide range of services and key developments which the Trust has delivered over the last 12 months.
The Trust, one of the largest NHS Trusts in England employing around 9,000 staff, runs North Manchester General Hospital, The Royal Oldham Hospital, Fairfield General Hospital in Bury, Rochdale Infirmary and a range of community services.
Trust Chairman, John Jesky, will be joined by Dr Gillian Fairfield, who took up the Chief Executive post in April (pictured), and other members of the Trust Board, where the Trust’s Annual Report and Financial Accounts for 2013/14 will be formally adopted and questions taken from the floor.
In her report, Dr Fairfield will highlight the progress and achievements made by the Trust over the past year.
In 2013/14, The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust:
1) spent over half a billion pounds (about £1.5m per day) on providing healthcare
services for local people.
2) invested £16.2 million on capital programmes and in maintaining and improving the physical estate and on smaller projects to develop frontline clinical services.
3) spent £5.6 million on medical and scientific equipment and £4.6 million on information technology to support front line clinical services.
4) saw 307,622 Type 1, 2 and 3 accident and emergency (urgent care) cases.
5) saw 637,843 outpatients, 121,118 total inpatients and 72,511 day cases.
6) delivered over 9,899 babies.
7) made 148,340visits to patients in their own homes to provide treatment/care.
8) issued over 1 million items from pharmacy to inpatients, outpatients, patient
discharges and ward stocks.
9) Re-processed/sterilised 224,865 instrument tray sets and 111,157 single
10) provided over 1.6 million meals to patients.
The public meeting is open to the public, patients, the Trust’s 11,200 public Foundation Trust members, staff and local patient and community organisations.
Light refreshments will be available from 4.30pm, when the exhibition stands open, with the formal meeting starting at 6.00pm. To book your place contact 0161 604 5355 or email Maxine.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Annual Report 2013/14 will be made available after the meeting on the Trust website at www.pat.nhs.uk. You can follow the Trust on Twitter @pennineacutenhs.
The Village Urban Resort Manchester – Bury is located at Waterfold Business Park, Rochdale Road, Bury BL9 7BQ.