Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service
The North West Ambulance Service operate the Patient Transport Service (PTS). It is here to help patients who live in Greater Manchester to get to and from non-emergency medical appointments. We want to make sure those who need it have access to it.
Can I use the Patient Transport Service?
You may be eligible for the Patient Transport Service (PTS) if you have a medical or clinical condition which could stop you getting to your appointment by any other means. We will ask you some simple questions to check if you are eligible. In Greater Manchester we will ask you additional eligibility criteria questions, these will help us provide the most appropriate transport to meet your needs and not restrict your access to PTS.
To book transport please contact your local transport booking centre as below. When you telephone, you will need your NHS number, which you can get from your GP or clinic. Please tell us about your mobility; if you need someone to accompany you due to a specific need, together with any other requirements you may have to make sure the right type of transport is booked for you. If you would like a text message reminder three days before your journey, or would like to be told when the ambulance is on its way to you, please speak to the booking centre about this.
Follow up Appointments:
If you require transport for any subsequent follow up appointments, it is normally the clinic that will arrange this. There are some booking centres who do this on behalf of the hospitals and clinics. Ask the booking centre for details of the arrangements in your local area.
- Bolton - Tel: 01204 462 882 Hours: Mon – Fri 8.30am – 6.30pm
- Manchester Integrated Care Gateway Call Centre - Tel: 0800 092 4020 Tel: 0161 947 0770 Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Tameside and Glossop - Tel: 0161 335 2700 Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Bury - Tel: 0161 762 3155 Option 1 Hours: Mon – Thurs 8:30am – 5:00pm Fri 8:30am – 4:45pm
- Oldham - Tel: 0161 627 7494 Hours: Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Trafford - Tel: 0161 976 2555 Option 1 then option 3 Hours: Mon – Sat 8:00am – 8:00pm Sundays 8:00am -7:00pm
- Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale - Tel: 0161 716 5888 Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Salford & Stockport - Tel: 0800 092 4020 Tel: 0161 947 0770 Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Wigan - Tel: 01942 482 990 Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00am – 6:00pm
Visit the NWAS website for further details - click here