Group Council of Governors
Group Council of Governors
As part of our exciting work with Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust to create a Group, Salford Royal's Council of Governors approved changes to its own composition; and agreed to establish a subcommittee of the Salford Royal Council of Governors, to be known as the shadow 'Group Council of Governors' committee. This Group Council of Governors comprises all Salford Royal Governors and elected shadow Governors from the Pennine constituencies (Oldham, Bury, Rochdale & North Manchester).
The Group's Council of Governors is made up of :
5 x Salford Public Goverors
5 x Bury and Rochdale Public Governors
3 x Oldham Public Governors
2 x North Manchester Public Governors
2 x Out of Area Governors
4 x Salford Staff Governors
2 x Bury and Rochdale Staff Governors
2 x Oldham Staff Governors
2 x North Manchester Staff Governors
Role of the Group Council of Governors
In broad terms the Group Council of Governors is responsible for :
Holding to Account - To hold the Non- Executive Directors accountable for the work of the Committees in Common and the performance of the Group.
Representing - To represent the views of the membership, both staff and public members.
Other roles and responsibilities of the Group Council of Governors are:
- Appointing or removing the Chairman and Non-Executive Directors
- Being involved in the recruitment and appointment of the Group Chief Executive.
- To decide the remunerations and allowances, and the other terms and conditions of office, of the Non-Executive Directors.
- To appoint or remove the Group Auditor
- To be presented with the annual accounts, any report of the financial auditor on them and the annual report.
- In preparing the annual plan, the directors shall have regard to the view of the Group Council of Governors
- All Governors shall, in discharging their roles and responsibilities, act at all times in the best interests of the Group
- Contact the Membership Office if you would like to know more or click here.
Contact Your Governor
The Group Council of Governors are the direct representatives of staff, public and member interest, particularly in relation to the strategic direction of the organisation. We encourage members of the public, patients, service users and carers to liaise with Governors to help improve the way we work and deliver services.
Salford Public Governors
Charlotte Layton Chris Mullen Dave Pike Gill Collins Jim Collins
Rest of England & Wales Public Governors
Sandra Breen Jerry Benjamin
Bury & Rochdale Public Governors
Terri Evans Luise Fitzwalter Sylvia Edney Shaun Furlong
Oldham Public Governors
Maurice Gorton Robert Scott
North Manchester Public Governors
Kevin Thomas Mohammed Shafiq
Salford Staff Governors
Agnes Leopold-James Debra Seddon Nicola Kent Sheila Tose
Bury & Rochdale Staff Governors Oldham Staff Governors
Amanda Chesney Georges NgMan Kwong Julia Riley
North Manchester Staff Governors
Mireia Cassou Philippa Jones
There are four easy ways to contact your Governor.
- Click on the picture of your Governor representing your area above
- Email email@example.com with the name of the Governor in the subject field
- Contact the Membership Office on 01706 517302 or 0161 206 3133
- Write to your Governor at :
Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
Dates of Meetings
The Group Council of Governors meet regularly throughout the year, all meetings are open to the public. All meetings of the Group Council of Governors will be followed immediately by a meeting of the Salford Royal Council of Governors where ratification of decision is required.
Meeting dates :-
- 27 June 2018, 2pm-4.30pm, Palmers Auditorium, Education Centre, Fairfield General Hospital
- 26 September, 2018, 2pm-4.30pm, Lecture Theatre, Postgraduate Education Centre, North Manchester General Hospital
- 5 December 2018, 2pm-4.30pm, Humphrey Booth Lecture Theatre, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
If you have an queries regarding the Group Council of Governors meetings please call the Membership Team on 01706 517302 or 0161 206 3133, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Papers for the Group Council of Governor meetings are available by clicking here
Group Council of Governor Elections - Bury & Rochdale Staff Governor
We currently have a vacancy for one staff governor from Bury & Rochdale to join our Council of Governors. Nominations have now closed and voting will take place from 26th April to Friday 18th May. Click here to view the Statement of Candidates.
If you have any questions about the elections please do not hesitate to contact us by email email@example.com or call 01706 517302.