Corporate Priorities/Vision & Values
Our vision is to be:
'A leading provider of joined up healthcare that will support every person who needs our services, whether in or out of hospital to achieve their fullest health potential.'
Our Values guide every action we take. They determine how we work and the promise we make to our patients, their families, the public and each other as colleagues.
We are: Quality Driven, Responsible, Compassionate.
Our Corporate Priorities for 2018/19 are:
- Pursue Quality Improvement to assure safe, reliable and compassionate care.
- Improve care and services through integration, collaboration and growth
- Deliver the financial plan to assure sustainability
- Support our staff to deliver high performance and continuous improvement
- Deliver Operational Excellence
- Develop and Implement our Service Development Strategy and the NCA enabling strategies
Pennine Improvement Plan - Quality and Safety Improvements
Our Pennine Improvement Plan that was developed and published last year sets out the necessary improvements that are needed so that patients can receive safe, reliable, compassionate and high quality care whatever day of the week, whatever time, and whether in or out of hospital. The improvement actions are themed across six key areas:
- To improve Fragile Services; Urgent Care, Maternity, Paediatrics, Critical care
- To improve Quality; Quality Improvement Strategy, NASS, Improve Safety, Effectiveness, Patient Experience
- To improve Risk & Governance; learn from incidents, complaints, Inquests
- To improve Operations & Performance; patient flow, SAFER model, data quality
- To improve Workforce and Safe Staffing; recruitment & retention, reduce staff sickness absence
- To improve Leadership and Strategic Relations; Site-based leadership; safety walk-rounds, “walk-withs”